NYBA HOUSE LEAGUE DIVISIONS
The NYBA house league extends to boys and girls born between 2007 and 2017 in the following divisions:
- T-BALL: FULL
Players born in 2016 & 2017
- ROOKIE BALL: FULL
For players born in 2014 & 2015
- MOSQUITO: FULL
For players born in 2012 & 2013
Wednesdays @ 6:30PM
- PEEWEE: FULL
For players born in 2010 & 2011
Tuesdays @6:30PM & 8:30PM | $350.00
- BANTAM: FULL
For players born in 2007, 2008 & 2009
Mondays 6:30PM & 8:30PM
The playing season for all divisions will begin the week of May 15th.
- The T-ball season will run to the third week of August (August 22nd) and games will run from 6:30 to about 7:45p.m. each week.
- The other divisions will end the season with Championship games involving all teams, played the week of August 28th-30th.
- For Rookie and Mosquito, the season will start with two practice weeks. The Peewee and Bantam divisions will have practice sessions during the first week only.
- Each team plays one game per week at Bond Park in North York. From time-to-time, coaches in Rookie to Peewee may want to add an extra practice in a local park.
- Every effort is made to keep the teams at the same skill level, which could mean team adjustments during the first few weeks of the season if possible.
Important: If your child will miss more than 3 weeks during the summer due to cottage stays, overnight camp or travel plans, please do not register for NYBA house league. Parents who want to register their players for spring baseball (ie. just until June) may want to check out the various spring camps offered by True North Sports Camps.
As part of the registration fee, NYBA provides hats, pants and team jerseys - bats and catcher's equipment are part of the team's equipment. Players are required to have their own gloves. For the younger children we strongly recommend that parents not invest a lot of money in a beginner's glove.
Batting helmets are required for all children. Parents will have the option of using a helmet they may already own or purchasing a new one through North York Baseball at a cost of $35, which is what we are charged by our supplier.
The NYBA preferred equipment supplier is Eagle Beaver Sports who offer a discount to all NYBA players.
During the first week of May, NYBA will offer skills clinics for players in the Rookie and Mosquito divisions. They will be free of charge and invitations for players to sign-up will be sent out in early April.
North York Baseball Association is always looking for parent volunteers for coaching positions. Volunteering occurs during registration.
Registration for the 2023 will begin December 8th.
We look forward to having your family become part of the North York Baseball Association!
NEW THIS YEAR: The NYBA 7U Development team will be holding tryouts in January. This is for players born 2016 & 2017. For information.