The NYBA House League team is committed to starting our delayed season whenever the province and city allows us to proceed. In this regard we have drafted teams and prepared schedules and shortly we will be ordering uniforms.
Based on the recent “roadmap” set out by the provincial government we are hopeful to start the first week of July. Even if there is another delay, we will start-up as soon as we can because we see getting out for activity as paramount.
A few items to keep in mind:
- During the season everyone in the park will be expected to wear masks and observe the need for social distancing as much as possible. Players will sit on the spectator bleachers so they can maintain a distance from teammates. Therefore, we ask parents to bring folding chairs to watch the game.
- We plan to purchase batting helmets in sufficient quantities so players do not need to share. If your player already has one, please bring it with you. Players and parents should also bring their own supply of alcohol wipes or liquid to use as needed during and after games.
- Uniform team shirts this year will have numbers on the back but no team name. This is so we can use them next year with the return of sponsors IF we are prevented from proceeding this year.
- The two rookie divisions will be combined and play their games Monday nights starting at 6:30p.m. This is being done because of the lower registration in those divisions. In addition, we want to ensure that we are working within the city mandated regulations with regard to maximum numbers allowed at Bond Park and T-ball and Peewee already play Tuesday nights.
- Peewee games will all be played roughly at the same time (7p.m.) on Tuesday nights although one game will start earlier to avoid crowding at the south end of the park.
- There will be 2 Bantam teams playing Monday nights with a bit of practice time provided for both teams. We are also investigating the possibility of games with house league teams from Scarborough or East York, but nothing can be guaranteed right now.
As mentioned in an earlier e-mail we will need parents to be on site with their children and helping us with our mitigation strategies and as of now we are still in need of parent coaches for T-ball, Mosquito, Peewee and a couple for Bantam. If you have already volunteered, thank you, we have your name.
We will send another update in mid- June when hopefully we will have a better idea about a possible start-up date.
Thank you for all your words of support, as we work towards having a House League season this year. We look forward to seeing your children on the ball field this year!
North York Baseball