North York Baseball Association is looking for a Grounds Field Manager for it’s 5-diamond ball park at Bond Park in North York, ON. This is a seasonal contract position from April to October.
The Grounds Field Manager is responsible for overseeing both the long-term, seasonal and day-to-day field operations and maintenance. Tasks include but are not limited to: mowing, dragging, edging, trash pick-up, batting cape net repair, field set-up.
The successful candidate is energetic and motivated; able to work independently and lead a team while being part of the team. This position is best suited to someone who has a flexible schedule (i.e. can work evenings and weekends).
- Seasonal maintenance and game preparation for 5 baseball diamonds.
- Upkeep of batting cages
- Maintenance of equipment: Kubota Tractor, pitching machine and gas-powered landscaping tools such as plate compactors, roto-tillers, power drills, angles grinders
- Maintaining inventory and purchasing of baseball supplies (chalk)
- Hire, train and supervise support staff
- Create and manage budget
- Liaise with NYBA Board of Directors
- Eligible to work in Canada
- Have a basic understanding of baseball rules and diamond specifics
- Ability to safely lift 23 kg (Approximately 50 lbs.)
- Ability to operate utility vehicles such as Kubota tractor
- Ability and willingness to learn how to safely operate various gas powered and electric powered equipment such as plate compactors, roto-tillers, power drills, angles grinders etc.
- Ability and willingness to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required
North York Baseball Association is a non-profit association. Operating out of Bond Park in North York it offers baseball opportunities (House League, Elite, Rep and Select series) for boys and girls in greater Toronto. NYBA is celebrating 55 years of community involvement.
Interested parties should submit their resume and cover letter to Heather | email@example.com